2/5/09

Hobbes Kicks Mo's Ass!

Over at Lolkoran, we ran this poll to see what other books people might want to use as a "guide for living". Here's how it turned out:

C&H was my suggestion, because whenever there's talk about the "Meaning of Life" I think of this one cartoon [revelation?]. I can't find it on the web, but here is more or less how it went:

Calvin: I don't get it. If we're just going to die anyway, what's the point of living?

(He and Hobbes ponder this for a frame or two, as autumn leaves fall around them)

Hobbes: Well, there's tuna fish.

WOOT! How profound is that? Buddha would be dead of the jealous. 'Course, old poopy-pants Mohammed wants you to ignore tuna fish, and not "let the world beguile you". I bet he never had a fuzzy bear when he was little.

Go, Hobbes! Live for the pizza, the sunsets, the chocolate dipped ice cream cones, spider webs in the morning dew!
And tuna fish.

No comments: