2/13/09

Sura Ten Drive-by


There's nothing particularly interesting in chapter 10 and it's tempting to just say, “there's nothing interesting in this chapter.” LOL, I could repeat that 114 times and be done with the whole Koran! But I can't--the nuns in grade school always gave me low marks in 'perseverance,' and if I take the easy way out now, they will have been right. So here I am slodging through this thing, halfway done and still going. Damn you Sister Dominatrix, damn you!

Here we go, drive-by comments:
7. As for those who do not hope to meet Us (after death), and are content with the life of this world, who are oblivious of Our signs,
8. Will have Hell as their abode ...
Being content with life is a flaw? Me and Hobbes beg to differ.

27. But those who earn evil shall be punished to an equal degree as their evil, and they will be covered with shame, and will have none to protect them against God: Their faces shall be blackened as though with patches of the night. They are the people of Hell, where they will abide for ever,
People say this is not like the Bible's 'Mark of Caine', where people with dark skin are cursed. At least, that's not how Mo meant it, but that hasn't stopped his followers from reading it that way. I give you the African slave trade, all the way up to Darfur today....

Verse 38 is the famous Sura Challenge, that we've seen before. Nobody but god hisself could make a sura like this, sez he. NOT!

Verse 41 is a nice change, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It sounds like Jesus snuck in a verse from the sermon on the mount,
41. If they (still) call you a liar, tell them: "For me my actions, for you yours. You are not answerable for my deeds, nor I for what you do."
Allllriiightt!! Hallelujah! Amen, brother!

Now if you shitcanned the other 108 verses, this whole chapter'd be good. Like this one—shitcan this verse, please!
44. Surely God does not wrong anyone; they wrong themselves.
Mohammed showing his abusive personality again. “Stop making me hurt you, you stupid bitch! If you just had dinner on the table when I get home...” Yeah right, Mo, it's always the victims fault. Eat shit.

Here's God settling the Palestinian Question again, giving Israel to the Jews, and look what they go and do:
93. We gave the people of Israel a settled abode, and bestowed good things on them to eat and use. So they did not differ until they came to have knowledge.
God's cranky here; "Those uppity Jews, going and getting all edumacated. Why ain't they never content just kissing my ass, why they always gotta go larn stuff? Been a problem ever since that damn Tree in the Garden."

Here's an interesting tidbit. The US has a University for every 61,000 people, the entire muslim world has one per 3 million. Of course, some of ours are useless Christian ones like Bob Jone's, or Regent's.

Religion + Knowledge = 0


Finally, to end this Sura on an appropriately surreal note, we have verse 104.

104 “I worship God who makes you die”
WTF???

2 comments:

Freidenker85 said...

Um. Hilarious as always! I wonder how much is lost in translation. Do you study the Kuran in the original Arabic? This blog seems too comprehensive to be a mere hobby.

Oh, and totally off-topic - I posted a question to Kafirgirl about her being a feminist, and even though my question was cordial, polite and innocent, she immediately replied by being obnoxious and rude. I since can't help but noting that she's an arrogant and disgusting bitch.

this kinda makes it hard for me to take her seriously.

Your blog, however, kicks ass.

uzza said...

Thank you. Don't be too hard on KG; I've been known to be obnoxious and rude on occaision too. lol.
I don't read Arabic; don't watch TV either, though.