5/18/11

Kike Sluts


Slutwalk is SUCH a great idea, and so many people totally MISS THE FUCKING POINT, that I started wondering just exactly what do they mean by slut. It's not a word I use, although it's in my vocabulary, but these people seem to be speaking some other language, maybe Misogynese.

Slut: a female human, who (2) wears revealing clothes (3) sleeps around

Now in my language, that isn't any kind of slur, because even if it was my business which it isn't, there's nothing inherently wrong with any of those things, so it just means, what? A woman? It kind of makes no sense, like calling someone a hominid. It's like Lindsay said:

If someone calls you a slut, there's nothing you can say to refute the claim because it never had any cognitive content anyway. 
But there's another thing about that word slut, only certain people use it. It's like another word that I never use but I know what it means, kike. I may have never used it, but when I hear it I know two things: one, it refers to someone Jewish, and two, the person talking is an asshole.

In the same way, slut indicates a referent that is {female; being referred to by a douchebag}. It's just like like the English word woman, but with a little label attached to it saying

I have the right to decide how other people can behave, and I don't like this.

Or maybe just

I'm a bigot.


It's just the Assholian word for woman. When you hear it, say, “Sorry, Ich spreche kein Douche“

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have a an interesting point there about words that say more about the speaker than they do about the ostensible subject of the word or phrase. Not just "kike" but most of the racial epithets. And whether the speaker refers to abortion in terms of choice or in terms of life, that tells you which one they are pro. Somebody who talks about "states' rights" is Republican. Someone who uses the word "teenagers" isn't one. Given time I could come up with a whole list.

uzza said...

how it works in politics is real interesting. The republicans are masters at using it to advantage.

Ian said...

Awesome. Yes, yes, yes.